Friday

The Story of Two Birdies

Today, I started a mixed media piece inspired by Tee Thompson's livestream from last Wednesday . I glued down some snippets from an antique book, a strip of paper with a sweet little text about me my daughter had written on it a couple of years ago and some snippets from one of her old school music work books. As I had done some drippage with blue India ink, I liked it so much, that I thought I'd never  manage to cover it up :)
I continued to play though adding some more colors, and, as soon, as I discovered a little birdie in the right bottop corner, I sketched it out along with a larger bird, mixed my own acrylic glaze with red India ink and some mat gel medium, covered the rest and outlined the birdies and a branch they are sitting on. I knew this was the right thing to do on this sheet of water color paper and liked the result very much. As my daughter saw it for the first time, she wanted to put it on the wall in her room right after it would be dry. And in that moment I knew, the piece was about the love and attachment between the two of us and every mom and her offspring... Thank you so much, Tee and Anna!
This might be the final version of it. I wouldn't mind at all to sell it, but before that I'll make sure my daughter gets a good print of it for her room.

5 comments:

Tee McNeil Art said...

Rita your birds are the sweetest EVER! I love the colors and all the good bits you have going on!

Darcy Marshall said...

awwww this is so lovely!

Gina said...

Saw this last night during the class....truly beautiful Rita :D XXX

Tee McNeil Art said...

I love the finished version... the colors are poppin!

PiaRom said...

love the expression how the mother looks at her birdy-child :)