I continued my research on Wabi Sabi in a more practical direction: did some more experiments with coffee...
And, one snowy morning, I took the camera with me, when I went out with the dog. To take shots holding our crazy girl on a leash was quite a task and, pretty soon, it started snowing too heavy and I had to pack in the camera not to damage it, but I managed to get some shots I really liked. You have seen them probably on Facebook already. This is one of them (by the way: I live in the house to the left in the background).
Visit this album to see more.
Another thing was to get rid of the cheery bright colors in some of my paintings, that I just couldn't stand any more. Do you remember images I showed you here about a month ago? Must have been sidetracked by all the bright and cheery paintings and art journal pages I see in the art groups. But my muse brought me back to my senses. :)
Just one example.After these phases I thought the painting could be finished, but, somehow, I didn't like it (sorry for the blurry image, it was taken with the smartphone).
As soon, as I realized, it's the bright colors I don't like, I took some old flower wrap paper, brown and white acrylics, and black ink, and moved on.
Might still do some tweaking here and there (struggled a load with the left upper corner), but my muse is happy again. At least, for now. :)And some more of my colorful WIPs have got a brown-black-grey-ish layer on top of the cheery stuff as well. :)
To see more creative spaces visit this site and be inspired
Or join us for A Piece A Week or Creative Every Day