Friday

My Kind of Collage

Like I said yesterday, I have started to prepare new canvases. And this is, how I usually do it: I glue down all kinds of recycled paper with white PVA glue. After it's dry, I cover it with fluid acrylic mat medium using it as a substitute for clear gesso. If I know, what color I want the first layer to be I add some acrylic paint to it. This is the latest one (sorry for the blurry image: it was late and dark again :) ).
And I have even covered the canvas with two layers of paper. At first, I covered the whole canvas with newspaper and pages from my kids old school workbooks. When that layer was dry, I started to cover it with the medium adding torn pieces of recycled paper I had mono printed with acrylics some time ago and black and burnt umber acrylic paint. Now, it's dry and waiting for the next layers to be added.
Would you like to join us at Creative Every Day or Glue It Tuesday? Nothing is easier than that: just blog about your creative endeavors and link your post to the pool!

Namaste

No comments: