Thursday

My Creative Space

Last week, the main event in my creative space was the absolutely unexpected sale of my dream board. One of my Facebook acquaintances discovered it in my album over there and was ready to pay a fair price to get it. I'm still feeling excited about that and a bit of nervous, as it's my first ever painting sold and shipped to another continent. I really hope all my creative efforts in preparing it for the long way and the new life in somebodies home would pay off and make the new owner happy and me as well :)
Last week, I have left an art group on FB I didn't feel well in. The time and energy I spent over there I'm using now to be more active in a group around Milliande Demetriou.
The cover of my new art journal...
...and a couple of spreads in it...





The other spreads of last week I consider finished were inspired by my daughter.
In this one I incorporated my portrait drawn by her (not that my face really looks like that, but I think, this image depicts my inner self pretty precise). And in the envelope there is a love letter written to me by my daughter.
The inspiration for this one came from all these stickers, my daughter had put all over my screen and desk, while I was at work.
To see more inspiring creative spaces, jump over to Our creative spaces

9 comments:

Gina said...

Congratulations on your sale Rita :D
Your new journal is simply beautiful...all those lovely seeds waiting to grow and blossom with your help :D XXX

LUCY said...

Magnifico......precioso....

Rebecca said...

Gorgeous pages.

Ariel said...

Your pages are beautiful I especially love the cover page

Carolyn Dube said...

Your journal is divine! Love the cover - the way you shaded those hearts so subtly just gives it such dimension!

Lisa said...

Gorgeous cover, beautiful pages! Your art has such depth! And it looks like you have a very special relationship with your daughter--love that the most! :)

Linda Kunsman said...

Congrats on your first sale-how exciting! It's so much fun seeing the posts thru Julie Balzers Journal project.Your cover is absolutely gorgeous!!! And I love the varied spreads you have done.Thanks for sharing.

Elizabeth Dianne said...

Yes, how wonderful that you sold a piece of your art--here is wishing you many more sales.

I love the cover of your journal--just beautiful!

Lechatquitousse said...

I like a lot your new journal and there pages....
Carol