Monday

Story Of A Recovery #1: Light Sensitivity & Morning Imagination Exercise


About a month ago, I realized that, for some time already, my body had been showing symptoms of Fibromyalgia, Polyarthritis and Adrenal Fatigue again: muscle, nerve, and joint pain, headaches, fatigue, brain fog, irritability, insomnia, regular anxiety and panic attacks etc.

Mid April, after taking a freelance job and giving it up unfinished for the first time in my life, I realized that my body is suffering a lot, and I need to start listening to it more closely again.

So, I did that and started to adjust my daily life to help it heal.

Today is May 21, 2018, my body is feeling better and more balanced but by far not all symptoms are gone completely.

That means there is still some recovery period ahead of me.

Today, I decided to start posting about my experience and the lessons learned in the hope that those posts might help somebody else to find healing or at least some relief and empowerment.

Here it goes.

Today, I woke up at around 8 am. My room felt full of bright light.

It has a huge window to the East. And mornings have been very sunny lately. I am using 4 curtains to dim the sunlight, but, right now, that’s not enough for my body.

A couple of days ago, I started using a light scarf as an eye cover while sleeping. I thought of sewing a proper eye blind but the scarf works well enough.

Ear plugs are my friends for a long time already. I really love my neighborhood, but it’s a densely populated one. And, sometimes, one of my youngest kids just makes too much noise for my sensitive nerves not to wake the body up before time.

First thing, that I do every morning (when I don’t forget or have to help my body to deal with an anxiety attack the moment it wakes up), is imagining myself going to sleep after the new day is over, happy and satisfied with how it went, no details.

As soon, as I can feel the happiness and satisfaction in the body, I stand up, cautiously take off my eye cover and replace it with dark eye glasses to let my eyes adjust to the light.

This might be only a temporal light sensitivity, but, in my case, it might be something called the Irlen Syndrome, because I have experienced some of those symptoms for most of my life.

Watch this space for more posts about this recovery.

No comments: