Saturday

Loving The Process

So, I have participated in those 2 free year long art journal projects every day so far: pondering the prompts, selecting images, shooting pics, gluing, painting, brayering, layering, doodling, writing, interacting in the respective Facebook groups, and, generally, having much fun. :)

Yesterday, I even stumbled upon this great material about the therapeutic benefits of art journaling.

This is, how my covers and first spreads look for now.








(Sorry for the funny direction of the last one, but blogger wouldn't flip it back :D

As far, as I know me and my style, I'm pretty sure most of them aren't finished yet. And I'm taking my time, as I really love to be in this process again. :)

To see more inspiring creativity jump over to any of these sites

And you know I'm always happy to hear from you, right?
Please, feel free to leave a comment here or contact me at ritajc(at)inbox(dot)lv


8 comments:

Jillian @ A Steady Pace Studio said...

I very much agree that there are therapeutic benefits to art journaling (and just creating in general)! I really like the "up up & away" pages you've made. :)

Have a great day,
Jillian
(found your blog through Creative Every Day)

RitaJC said...

Thank you so much, Jilian!

Netty said...

Love your work in progress pages. Happy PPF, Annette x

Giggles said...

I'm not much of a art journaler but I know those who are find if of great benefit. Sometimes they don't see things right away but when they go back it's really clear...so yes very therapeutic!!Great pages...I admire the tenacity of sticking with it!!!

Hugs Giggles

RitaJC said...

Thank you so much, Giggles! Not sure, for how long it sticks with me this time, but it got me playing regularly again, and I really appreciate that. Felt like a fish without water without painting :)

DVArtist said...

In all art we should keep our first pieces to see how much we have grown. Art journaling give us this insight more so. Love your art.
Nicole/Beadwright

Gina said...

These a re fabulous Rita,,,so much positive energy and full of happiness :D XXX

RitaJC said...

Thank you so much, Nicole and Gina!